Ask yourself these 4 questions before choosing your career?

career counselling questions
Ask yourself these 4 questions before  choosing your career?

Career, it is the thing about which most of the parents, childrens are tensed about. Whenever there is result declared we listen abut career everywhere. All relatives and parents even school techers your friends and news channels and everyone is in the race to give you guidance. No matter how much someone knows about that field still they guide you. And the student get confused what exactly he is going to do. So here I have found some questions for you to choose your career wisely. So lets get started.

 

Ask yourself these 4 questions before  choosing your career?

1.Do you really have a passion about that field or you just like it?


Ya that’s probabale thing most of the students are confused of. If I am a student, I like engineers because I have heard about it and the package they are having is great and they have a good respect. Then should I choose engineering? Obuiously no. The salary is good, the respect is high but do you have that passion?

When I was in 12th I was very impressed with engineering and it was a very big thing for me. But in the holidays I studied myself. I had a very much attraction in research and chemistry too. I never studied biology regularly like others still I was getting good grades in it. Because I had passion to learn new things from teachers and I had passion about learning chemistry and practicals more. So I chose pharmacy which involved both chemistry and research along with professionality.

There is a lot difference between like and passion. I like eatng fastfood should I make it career? No. But I have passion for cricket, everytime I want to learn to play cricket more perfect, should I choose cricket as my career? Yes. And reason is passion.

So guys at first place choose your passion and not the likes.

2.Do I know the reality of that field?


Mostly we see one side of the coin. Let us take an example.

Suppose I am a confused student between M.B.B.S  and engineering.

Now I asked someone my relative elder than me that “what should I choose M.B.B.S or engineering?

he said “doctor is best profession, it has high salary jobs,  engineering is very lowclass. Most of the engineers are working in my company at very low salary.

Now If I stick to their perspective then I will consider doctor as a best profession and consider it my choice of career. But that’s not the only truth. Let us see another side of coin.

Now I asked a successful engineer who is earning a high package in the foreign, that “what should I choose M.B.B.S or engineering?

Then he will say “engineering is creative field, if you studied it properly then you will have a very good package, and engineering is easy than the M.B.B.S. Many doctors have their clinic but have no patients and earning very low than they have spent M.B.B.S degree do not lead to any creative work. But engineers have a choice to work according to them and you can invent something that will attract fame to you etc.etc.

Obiously the successful doctor and successful engineer and relatives have their own perspective which might be right but check the reality. The condition that they are talking was few years ago when they were graduated now situation maybe changed.

So talk to that people who are actually studying that course who are in 2nd or 3rd year of that field. They will give idea about the field that it is difficult or not. And talk to that years graduated student and what are they doing and what they think about that field. That will give you a perfect idea of reality.

3.What is the future of that field?


Now the career you want to perceive you must plan for future. The future is the reason why you are thinking about your career. In 19th century there was a great importance to teacher profession. Everyone was doing M.A,B.A,B.ED, etc. the lots of youngsters from village to large cities were shifting to teacher profession.

But then after some years there was a large demand to engineering. Then everyone shifted to the engineering and what is that results? Now engineering was saturated in 21th century. Now the situation is looking in balance but who knows which field will saturated in future. So keep in mind that the field you are choosing you must prepare for the worst and best situations in the future. Afterall your passion will give you everything you dedicated.

4.Can you afford it? If not then what to do?


This is the thing that you must think if you come from the unstable economical situation. The family situation also affects your career. But you cant leave your passion. Most of the parents tell their children that “you don’t worry about the money you should just focus on career” that’s their sacrifice.

But do you have a confidence in yourself whatever they have spent on you, you will give the double of that to them. If you really have a deep feeling that you can do it then choose that career. But if you are confused then think twice before choosing that career and what will be the problems occurred in the future with that.

If you are ready to face all these problems then choose that career. But most of the time the situation may not affordable and you cannot perceive the career you want then search for the help. If government is giving any kind of scholarship or any private NGO is providing any help then search for that.

If there is no way to have that career then search for the similar career and apply for that. for example if you can’t have the M.B.B.S then go for B.A.M.S. that’s how you should choose wisely.

So that was some points what should you focus on before choosing an career. You can take this as a advice or just an article. Hope it helped. Have a nice day.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 PHYSICAL SIGNS THAT SIGNALS YOU ARE INTELLIGENT AND A SECRET GENIUS

How to securely hide your secret things and files in a smartphone without any app

7 Calming Websites That Will Put Your Mind at Ease and help you to relax your mind and release stress